Before surgery at home.
Before surgery they gave Kate what they call "silly juice." This helps them relax before going into surgery. They told us it would be like Kate had a margarita. It was quite funny. Kate was so silly and doing crazy things. I will have to see if I can upload a video later.
This was the hard part of them taking Kate away to surgery. There were some tears on my part. If Kate had been crying it would have been much harder on me though.
After surgery and trying to wake up. She was very disoriented. Shortly after this picture she got sick from the anesthesia. She threw up all over Zack one time and a little on me another time. Ironically, I had just given Kate to Zack when she threw up all over him. Zack got to wear a hospital gown for awhile and then they went and got him a new T-shirt. They were all just so sweet. We had to stay at the hospital a little longer to give her some medicine for nausea and more pain medicine. She was also adjusting to having a cast and was a little frustrated. She even tried biting her cast out of frustration. Plus, her cast was rubbing her armpit so we had to get some more protective gauze to prevent that from continuing to happen. I think it was hardest on her that her stomach was hurting. . Poor sweet girl!
We were so impressed with all of the doctors and nurses at Children's Medical Center in Frisco. They were so child friendly and nice. Kate was finally discharged and got to go out in a wagon.
Unfortunately, Kate still threw up in the car twice on the way home. She was also struggling to stay awake. You can tell that she is still a little groggy. You can see just how big the cast is in this picture. They have the cast all the way up her armpit to keep it protected and to prevent her from sticking things in her cast. Kate chose red so her doctor was joking that it really made it look like a punching glove.
Once we got home and got some chicken noodle soup in her she really bounced back. We even went on a short walk and Kate pushed her little doll stroller around. It almost brought tears to my eyes that she was already coping so well with her cast. We are so proud of her! Last night she slept really well. She was in a little pain this morning but luckily we have some pretty strong medicine to give her. I have gotten punched a couple of times accidentally from Kate. Let me tell you it hurts! I hope she doesn't get too mad at anybody in the next couple of weeks. We have been told that she will just have the cast a couple of weeks. Thank goodness!
Some pictures of Carly and Harper on a walk with Erika. She had a great time playing with Harper for the day. Thanks again Erika!
3 comments:
I'm so thankful that the surgery went well! I can't imagine having to watch her being taken back for the surgery, but it sounds like she was such a big girl. I will be praying that everything continues to go smoothly while she has to have her cast on. She looks so grown up and pretty, Tami. Miss you and love you!
I'm so glad to hear that it went well! She seems to be a trooper.
We've been praying for you guys for the last week, so sweet to see pics!
Post a Comment