Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Preschool/First Time at Movies

Today marks the first day of preschool! Kate was so excited! In fact she did not fall asleep till 10:30 pm last night. I don't know if it was because she was so excited or because her nap went a little late yesterday. Either way, she woke up in good spirits. She was especially happy to be wearing her new dress. We feel so blessed Kate can go to preschool where we go to church. I realized that that now means we will be up at church five days a week between small group, preschool, class and Ladies Bible Study. What a great place to be so often, right?

I kind of a felt a lump in my throat when I had Kate meet her teachers last Thursday, but Kate was so excited we couldn't help but feel joy too. It is amazing she is now in school and will continue to be in some kind of school for many years to come. This is her foundation for all of it! However, I know she will love it and grow so much this year. Plus, I am really looking forward to having some time with just Carly. We had a great morning and I was so glad that Zack could step away briefly from work to come see Kate off and take pictures. He is a good Daddy and husband!

She was all ready to go and kept asking when she could go to class.

Waiting outside to enter the front doors
Putting her things where they go and finding her cubby.


She then picked the table where play dough was to work independently.
Giving Mommy a kiss good-bye. There were no tears from her she was ready.
Then there was just the two of us. Carly loves that baby! I enjoyed some time with just Carly. I think she had moments where she enjoyed it, but she also had moments of wondering where her big sister was. She just adores and admires Kate and wants to do whatever she is doing.

On Sunday, Kamara and I took Aubrey and Kate to their first movie. We saw Winnie the Pooh at the dollar theater. It was a great first movie and only a little over an hour. It helped that we pumped them full of popcorn and candy. That is what movies are all about though, right? It was a fun experience. We now know that Kate can sit through movies and I look forward to letting Zack take part in it next time. We didn't have time to take pictures before the movie so this is after it was over.


Sitting out front still enjoying their popcorn.

No comments: