I can't believe Kate is now three years old! She turned three on June 1. We had a great day last week on her birthday. We started the day with her getting to choose a donut at a donut shop. Then, we went to swimming lessons. Next, we went to Build A Bear and she got to choose whatever bear she wanted. That night we went to Amazing Jakes in the Colin Creek Mall and had a great time with the Cox family. This was the first birthday where it really felt like she understood that it was her birthday. She kept telling complete strangers that it was her birthday. She was so excited all day! She loves getting gifts and it doesn't matter what it is! One of her favorite gifts was a little bug catcher that I got at the dollar store. Kate has always being pretty girly and she loves getting new clothes. It doesn't matter if it is pajamas, a shirt or a dress. She will put it on and keep asking us and complete strangers "Do you like my dress? Do you like it? Do I look pretty?" I think we may be in for some trouble when she gets to be older! She will get really excited on Saturday nights when I lay out her dress for Sunday. She will wake up and be ready to put on her dress. She really enjoys her class at church,too. I am excited about her starting preschool next year, because I know she will like it. Kate is just a child that seems to love and be excited about a lot of things. However, she doesn't play with things very long before she is ready to move on to something else. One of my favorite things to see is when she is playing in the playroom with Carly. I will hear her say "Here you go, Carly." I must admit that I will also hear crying when one of them takes away something from the other. Carly has learned how to defend herself, too. They both love each other very much. If Carly is asleep Kate will ask where Carly is at and if Kate is asleep Carly will continue to go to her door waiting for her to wake up. Some times Kate wants to be a Mommy to Carly and Carly isn't always fond of that. Last night when they were taking a bath I turned around and Kate was scrubbing Carly's head with soap as Carly is just crying standing up. Kate just keeps on doing it as if Carly is not crying. I have been working with Kate on understanding the message that another child is giving her when playing with them. Kate continues to be a good eater. However, she asks for ranch at almost every meal. It keeps her eating vegetables so I can't complain, right? She could eat chocolate all day! She loves sweets altogether. She also loves making friends. Kate has a little too much love at times and wants to be a little bit too physical, but we are working on that. One of her new favorite movies is Tangled. We have to be careful with some of the scary parts, but she will ask for Rapunzel and that is what she means. We try to limit the TV, but she has certain shows that she likes to watch. She loves her new bear that she got for her birthday, too. There are days like today that I pretend Kate is a baby and I cradle her as she laughs and laughs. I look at her and I still see that 6 month old baby laughing up at me except she now has curls. It brings me joy but also makes me want to stop time. I hope I can always see that light in her eye. She has a deep desire to please others and make them see her, but she also has this competitiveness about her. I just pray that she will use these characteristics for good and to glorify God. We are so very proud of our little 3 year old that has changed us and helped us grow as people and parents. We love you Kate!
I let her pick out some donuts and I also picked out a little cinnamon roll for myself. She was so excited that I let her hold the bag in the car. Then, I had to go put some gas in the car. While I was putting gas in the car I looked in the van and Kate was eating my cinnamon roll! She could have eaten the whole bag of donut holes and donuts if I let her. She is still in her pajamas because as soon as she got up I wanted to get them right away. Plus, we had swim lessons, so we had to hurry.

After swim lessons with Miss Christy.

At the play area at Stonebriar Mall.

Giving her bear a bath at Build a Bear.

Then, reading with her bear at Barnes and Noble.

Opening her presents from us.

Playing at Amazing Jakes with Daddy.

Aubrey and Kate loved the chocolate birthday cake that I made!

A quick family picture to end the day of fun! Happy Birthday Kate!
2 comments:
What a sweet little family! I'm proud of you!
Love y'all!
Lauren
so beautiful
Post a Comment