I am a couple of weeks behind posting, so this is going to be a longer post! For Mother's Day weekend we went to Abilene. Mother's Day also fell on Zack's birthday this year. It is a special couple of days because Mom Mom's birthday is on May 10, Zack's birthday is May 9 and my Dad's birthday is May 11! Wow! Anyway, we had a great relaxing weekend in Abilene. It was our first road trip with Carly and she did great! She still sleeps in her car seat so she slept most of the way there and back! On Saturday night Zack grilled out some yummy hamburgers and Lindsey made some tasty appetizers. Also, Mom Mom made Zack's favorite chocolate cake to top it all off! Kate and Carly really enjoyed being outside and spending time with their grandparents.
Kate looked at some photo albums with Nannie for a long time. It was really sweet.

Aunt Lindsey joined in!

Carly was giving Nannie lots of smiles!

Kate was reading her favorite Color book outside. She always crosses her legs like this and it makes us laugh.

She is really concentrating.

Dad Dad read with her, too.
Dad Dad was so sweet to push Kate on the swing numerous times outside.

Here are the presents for all of our special days!

Kate was exhausted on the way home.

A couple of weekends ago we also got a special visit with Aunt Lauren, Uncle Jason, Bree, Emie and Cole. The cousins really enjoyed playing outside together and using the sidewalk chalk. Here Bree and Kate are writing together.

Aunt Lauren and Carly


We had a hard time getting a good picture of the cousins together, but this is my personal favorite. Kate and Cole thought Uncle Jason was really funny. Uncle Jason does a great job of making the kids laugh.

That same weekend Zack was a car hop at Sonic for a fundraiser for his school. He did a great job bringing me some food.

Kamara and I buy many of the same clothes for our girls and some times we have them matching without even talking about it! This is a picture of them in Grapevine celebrating Zack's birthday and my Dad's birthday. When I look at this picture I think about how much they have grown up lately. They look like such big girls!

Here is Carly and her cousin Ellee. They are about 9 weeks apart. Carly is the younger cousin. I know there is a light on her face in this picture, but I wanted you to see her sweet smiling face.

Kate has really been back into writing lately. She will carry around her notepad and a crayon all over the house. Here she is in our entryway writing away.

A couple of Sundays ago we received Kate's first artwork from Sunday school class. Good job Kate!

I was trying to get a good picture of the girls together. Aunt Lauren gave them some matching outfits and I wanted to capture it on film.

Poor Carly! Kate did not want to let go of the notepad and she was hugging a little too tight!

She did much better by herself!
1 comment:
That is precious that Kate looked through those photo albums for so long, and I laughed at how she crosses her legs! Carly is just so beautiful too!
Post a Comment