Thursday, October 22, 2009

60th Birthday Weekend

Last weekend Zack's parents came in town and we also got to celebrate Dad Dad's 60th birthday. It was such a great weekend. What nice weather we had, too! Friday night the four of us went to see Mary Poppins at the Dallas Musicals. It was amazing! The music, dancing, lights, acting and everything. We all really enjoyed it, although it made for a late night. We did not get home till around midnight.
We celebrated Dad Dad's birthday on Saturday by first having a big breakfast. Then, the boys went to Bass Pro Shop while the girls went to the park. For dinner, we grilled out some yummy steaks and had Mom Mom's homemade apple pie for dessert. We were all comfortably full and content. It was so nice just to spend time together and relax. We ended the weekend with church and barbeque. Zack and I both were a little sad when the weekend was over, because we had been so excited for it to come. I know that Kate also really enjoyed time with her grandparents.






Mary Poppins


Like Father, Like Son
The boys had a great time at Bass Pro Shop



Kate loves the slide at the park

Mom Mom did all of it with her, too! She really loved that!




Kate enjoyed our steak birthday dinner. She especially loved the corn on the cob, of course!


The birthday boy!






Happy Birthday Dad Dad! Doesn't Mom Mom make an amazing apple pie?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Dad! Kate sure is a cutie!! Can't wait to see my new niec/few!! I'm sure she/he will be just as sweet!! Love y'all! Lauren

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a time to remember. I'm looking forward to my 70th. Kate is so full of love for family...and corn on the cob. Love, Dad Dad

Katy said...

Love the pictures!!! Everyone looks wonderful!! I sure miss everyone!