Below is some of the fun things that we did in March.
On Carly's actual birthday, we went to Amazing Jakes and the four of us had a great time.


After Carly's birthday celebration, we got to enjoy a couple more days with Zack's sister and family. It was so fun and nice to have the Pruett cousins together. My girls look up to them so much! Sweet picture of Lauren and Carly.

Carly, Emie and Lauren having fun with Window Art Markers and crayons.

My parents after the birthday party

Carly loves Sesame Street! Her favorite characters are Elmo, Abby and Zoe. So, I went with a Sesame Street themed party and pretty much narrowed down to Abby and Elmo.

Some of the kids playing in the playroom during the party. What fun and what a mess! Luckily, we had a beautiful night for our party and most of the time the kids were outside. We had her party from 5:00-7:00 pm.

Dad Dad, Uncle Brett and Uncle Michael visiting

I cannot take credit for the cakes this year. I have a friend that makes cakes as a side business and she is incredible! She made an Abby and Elmo cake.

The cakes and the vegetable trays. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the yummy fajitas Zack grilled. We also had cheese, sour cream, queso, salsa, chips, beans, and tortillas of course. My Mom brought some yummy fruit dip and fruit to go with it all. Zack's Mom and sister did an excellent job grilling some onions and peppers on the stove as a bonus.


Over spring break, Zack's parents were so generous to let us drop off the girls for a couple of days in Abilene. We came back here and enjoyed sleeping in, relaxing, going to movies, and eating out. It was so nice! The girls seemed to have a great time, too. It was a wonderful gift!

At the start of spring break, we enjoyed a night stay at Embassy Suites in Grapevine with the Cox family. Our room was connected to their room which was really nice. I was so jealous of the hot tub. The pool was soo cold! I got in for a second just to warm up, but it would not be good for baby peanut inside of me. As you can see, Carly wanted to sit in the hot tub for awhile too. It just shows how cold she must have been!

Zack started the amazing project over spring break of taking out our hot tub. We had some good memories in it, but it was costing us too much money to fix it because it was so old. Plus, it was a constant worry with the girls playing outside. I was so impressed with Zack's hard work and his ability to take this on all by himself. He managed to finish it within one week. He will have to go back and paint it, but I was so pleased with how it looked! It is so nice to now be able to let the kids play outside and up on the deck without the stress of the hot tub. I have a great husband! He saved us so much money doing this himself!
Before




















2 comments:
That was a great party! Harper is still talking about the Elmo cake...it left quite a positive impression! :)
Wow, impressive work by Zack! The deck looks great!
Post a Comment